Tuesday 3 January 2017

Write

At the end of this festive season and starting of the New Year I find myself drawn to what I would like to achieve for myself in the coming year.

A dear friend has sparked my love of reading, writing again by giving me the most beautiful book as a gift this Christmas.

The book is called Christmas Days by Jeanette Winterson (link below).  I have enjoyed reading books by this author previously but this gem of a book has totally captured my love of reading again.  It is a collection of short stories interspersed with recipes and I have devoured reading it.  How lovely to read a short story that takes you away, or to read a moment of the authors life when she is sharing recipes for food that either she or the people she loves have made.  Read it, it is a joy.

And so, I am inspired.  Who knows what will appear on these pages.  I have taken creative writing courses in the past and haven't shared anything I've written, I have also written lots about love and also about loss and I hope to create new pieces, write fiction and non-fiction, memoirs, recipes, poems who knows.  No set rules or deadlines just the chance to be creative.  It may be a journey or it may just be typing, but I have to try.

But enough for now, here is the link to that amazing book - read it and then buy a copy for someone you know loves reading, they will love you for it.

http://www.jeanettewinterson.com/book/christmas-days/

Happy New Year

Ali



No comments:

Post a Comment